One position designed to teach about how to create marketing and promotional efforts in a public garden setting, including a public relations campaign focused on Cornell undergrad and graduate students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing and distributing press releases about events, Plantations news items, and other noteworthy topics.
- Working with interpretation coordinator on developing and maintaining on-site and on-campus promotional materials (e.g. bloom board, campus exhibits)
- Researching marketing/promotional outlets and develop marketing materials, in consultation with staff, to send out to such outlets.
- Maintaining Plantations’ Facebook page, and developing other means of social networking for Plantations.
- Working as a student ambassador for the Plantations.
- Will work on creating and begin implementing a marketing and PR campaign focused on Cornell undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability to commit to the entire internship period,
- Currently enrolled or accepted Cornell University student,
- A valid driver’s license is very helpful though not mandatory.
- Some marketing/PR experience and/or study/coursework
- Friendly and professional demeanor, comfortable making contact in person, over the phone, via email, etc. with various on and off campus organizations.
- Experience with social media, web tracking and electronic promotional tools desired.
- Intern will participate in Learning Mondays
This is a full-time, 39/hour per week, 12 week internship. Must be available to work the Saturday of Reunion Weekend