Recommended Scenic Sitting Spots
In the F.R. Newman Arboretum
- Get a bird’s-eye view of the expansive F.R. Newman Arboretum from the Newman Overlook.
- Look and listen to life at the water’s edge in the pergola over Houston Pond.
- Perch next to one of the oldest trees in the arboretum at the eastern end of the footpath through Slim Jim Woods.
In the Botanical Garden
- Find the bench overlooking the Robison Herb Garden on the side of the staircase in the northeast corner of the Botanical Garden.
- Sit on the benches under the pergola in front of the Lewis Education Center to enjoy the Container Gardens during the summer months.
- Sit at Kienzle Overlook off Tower Road across from the Cornell Dairy Bar and view the Botanical Garden from above.
- Find the sitting area in the Rhododendron Collection at the pinnacle of Comstock Knoll. June is peak bloom time.
- Sit beside the Japanese maple (Acer palmatum) nestled in the corner of the Deans Garden.
In our Natural Areas
- Enjoy the view of Beebe Lake among the old oak trees from the picnic tables at the Class of ’36 Overlook.