- Events must be held during daylight hours, as Cornell Plantations’ grounds close at dark.
- If tables are needed, they must be rented from an outside vendor and removed as soon as possible after the event.
- No candles are allowed.
- No smoking is allowed within 50 ft. of the Summer House.
- Amplified sound equipment is prohibited.
- Electricity and water are not available in the Summer House.
- Signs may not be posted on trees or other permanent fixtures. Signs on removable stakes are acceptable, but must be removed immediately after your event.
- Restroom facilities are available in the Brian C. Nevin Welcome Center only during hours that the building is open.
Food and Beverages:
For catered events, only University approved caterers may be used. A listing can be found here. No on site cooking is allowed. All food preparation must be done off site and delivered ready to serve. Caterers are responsible for cleanup and trash removal.
For non-catered events, takeout food and drinks for immediate consumption, purchased from local restaurants and markets, may be delivered or brought in. No personal catering by event participants of homemade food is allowed. No on site cooking is allowed. If purchased food is brought in, renters are responsible for all liability associated with serving food. Renters are also responsible for cleanup and removing trash and all other items brought in.
All users must adhere to New York State law and Cornell University policy concerning alcohol use. External (private) groups planning to serve alcohol must have the alcohol served by a University approved caterer with liquor liability insurance, as must Cornell groups charging for alcoholic beverages or charging for an event at which alcohol is served.
Any damage to the facility beyond normal wear and tear must be reported as soon as it occurs, or is discovered. Renters are responsible for the repair and/or replacement cost associated with such damage.
Parking is limited and is metered between 7:30am and 5:00pm Monday-Friday. During these times parking is available for up to three hours at $1.50 per hour, and the meter will accept both cash and credit/debit cards. Please inquire about special arrangements for longer events. Carpooling is encouraged. Overflow parking is available in the metered lot at the corner of Tower and Judd Falls Roads. After 5:00pm and on weekends, nearby Beebe Hall parking lot is also available.
Use of Outdoor Space:
Feel free to enjoy the surrounding gardens. Please stay on paths and lawns, leaving garden beds and plants undisturbed. Cornell Plantations’ grounds remain open to the public from sunrise to sunset daily and do not close for special events. During your gathering, visitors and staff will also have free access to the surrounding gardens.
You are responsible for the actions of your guests. Please advise them of these policies.