How to reserve the F. R. Newman Arboretum for your event
- Call our Visitor Services Coordinator at 607-255-2473 (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm) to discuss your plans and check on available dates. A tentative 2 week hold will be placed on your requested date while you complete the remaining reservation requirements.
- Submit an online F. R. Newman rental form, after which you will receive an approved rental agreement with added notes, if necessary and a price quote via e-mail.
- Sign and return the rental agreement, either online, through the mail, or in person at the Gift Shop in the Brian C. Nevin Welcome Center in the Botanical Gardens.
- Pay the full rental fee. Payment is accepted with a credit card over the phone, 607-255-2400 (Monday-Friday, 9:00am-4:00pm), with a check through the mail, or with a check or credit card at the Gift Shop in the Brian C. Nevin Welcome Center.
- Submit an online Use of University Property (UUP) form.
If yours is a private (non-Cornell) event, the University requires that you have liability insurance for UUP approval. This will be an added cost if you do not already carry such insurance. Contact Cornell’s Department of Risk Management & Insurance by phone 607-254-1575, fax 607-254-8000, or e-mail email@example.com for more information.
RESERVATIONS ARE NOT CONSIDERED FIRM UNTIL THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE COMPLETE, AT WHICH POINT YOU WILL RECEIVE AN E-MAIL CONFIRMATION OF YOUR RESERVATION.
Cancellations and Refunds:
Approval of your event through the Use of University Property (UUP) form may take some time. If your event does not get final University approval, you will receive a full refund.
If Cornell Plantations has to cancel your event, for any reason, you will receive a full refund.
Events cancelled by you within 4 weeks of the scheduled date will receive a 50% refund, or can be rescheduled for another available time.
Refunds are unavailable for events cancelled by you less than 4 weeks before the scheduled date. However, the event can be rescheduled for another available time.
To receive a refund of a payment submitted by check, you must file an IRS W-9 taxpayer ID form with Cornell University.