From the South (including New York City, Binghamton)
NOTE: For groups traveling by bus, please note: Due to low clearance of the underpass on Plantations Road, travel routes for buses differ slightly from cars. For driving directions via bus, please contact Group Tour Coordinator Kevin Moss at 607-254-7430 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the South (including New York City, Binghamton):
- North on I-87 (portions charge toll) to the Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Cross the Tappan Zee Bridge (portions charge toll) and continue North on I-87.
- North on I-87 (portions charge toll) to State Rte. 17 at Harriman, NY
- West on State Rte. 17 for 111 miles to I-81
- North on I-81 to Exit 8 for Whitney Point, NY
- West on State Rte. 79 for 28 miles to Ithaca, NY
- Turn right onto Pine Tree Road (1.6 miles)
- Turn right at Dryden Road/Rte. 366 (< 0.1 miles)
- Turn left onto Judd Falls Road (0.3 miles)
- After Tower Road intersection, take first right onto ramp leading to Plantations Road
- Turn right onto Plantations Road and pass through the underpass
- Turn right into the Plantations’ botanical garden parking lot. Note: This is a metered lot with a three-hour maximum. The fee to park here is $1.50 per hour.
To access the F.R. Newman Arboretum, follow the directions above, but turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Plantations Road. Continue of Plantations Road and cross Caldwell road to enter the arboretum.
To access the Mundy Wildflower Garden, follow the directions above, but turn left at the bottom of the ramp onto Plantations Road. Turn left onto Caldwell Road and turn left at the next stop sign into the garden parking area.