- To learn more hemlock wooly adelgid detection, biology, and management, click here to view "Early detection of the hemlock woolly adelgid in small northeastern hemlock woodlots," from Cornell Cooperative Extention.
- To learn more about the biology of the hemlock woolly adelgid, click here to view a document produced by the USDA Forest Service.
- To learn more about the life cycle of the hemlock woolly adelgid, click here to view images of the insect’s life stages, prepared by the USDA Forest Service.
- To learn how you can detect, monitor, and assess the severity of a hemlock woolly adelgid infestation, click here to view a handbook prepared by the USDA Forest Service.
- For additional information, visit the New York Invasive Species Research Institute (NYISRI) website.
- View fact sheets from the USDA Forest Service, Northeastern Area and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation.
- To learn more about hemlock woolly adelgid, its identification, biology, control, and implications to the ecology of our hemlock forests, view the March 13th seminar presented by Mark Whitmore of the Cornell Department of Natural Resources.