Carter Creek Preserve
Connecticut Hill clearly exhibits its history of agricultural use. Following the Revolutionary War, like most of the land between Ithaca and Geneva, Connecticut Hill was divided into military tracts. These were given as payment for serving in the war. Extensive upland areas were farmed in the 1800’s. After hilltop farming failed to be productive, by the 1920’s and 1930’s many farms were being sold or abandoned, and the land eventually returned to forest.
Several locally scarce species occur here.