One position designed to provide experience in developing and conducting plant-related educational programs for teenagers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with teens, leading workshops in the garden
- Design and present activities at local festivals and fairs
- Test activities with youth at summer camps, etc.
- Investigate other area museum outreach activities
- Maintain a portfolio of work that will be shared with all staff on the last official day of the internship
The intern will:
- Ability to commit to the entire internship period,
- Currently enrolled or accepted Cornell University student,
- Skills in organizing and event planning,
- Plant science and/or education background,
- Good communication, writing, design, and computer skills,
- Interest in teaching teenagers,
- Work various weekend events throughout the summer,
- Participate in weekly group intern activities as scheduled, and
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid driver’s license.
- Participate in Learning Mondays
This is a full-time internship (39 hrs./week). Must be able to work Saturday of Reunion Weekend.