One position to learn the primary functions of a visitor education program at a major public garden, with emphasis on how to plan, develop, schedule, implement and lead guided tours&programs for various adult audiences.
Printable Job Description (107 KB)
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist the Community Outreach Coordinator and Interpretation Coordinator in a variety of projects, programs and activities. The internship is designed to provide an introduction to various educational operations at a botanical garden.
Activities may include:
- assisting with planning and implementation of adult classes, workshop, tours, and special events
- assisting with the development of interpretive materials, displays, and printed materials
- Currently enrolled or accepted Cornell University student
- Comfortable speaking in front of groups
- Knowledge of plant science, taxonomy, and general horticultural principals helpful, but not mandatory
- Good communication, research, writing, design and computer skills
- Interest in adult learners
- Good sense of humor
- Ability to work various weekends throughout the summer
- Participate in Learning Mondays and other group activities
- Must have or be able to obtain driver's license
This is a full time, 12 week internship. Must be able to work Saturday of Reunion weekend.