Our summer internship program aims to provide an educational and work experience involving hands-on training that builds on classroom learning and represents the full spectrum of work throughout our organization. These internships are for Cornell students only, both graduate and undergraduate, and all majors are welcome. One of the botanic garden internships is reserved for a non-plant science major (i.e. students not majoring in Plant Science, Crop and Soil Science, Horticulture, Plant Biology, Plant Breeding, or Plant Pathology).
While this is an educational program, each student becomes a member of Plantations’ professional team and works with staff to accomplish organization goals. Our staff is committed to the intern program, offering mentorship, guidance, and appreciation for each intern’s contribution.
Our program's schedule is designed to offer all students exposure to the varied aspects of public garden and natural areas management.
PLEASE NOTE: Students graduating in May ARE eligible to apply.
Program at a Glance
- Internship positions in: botanic gardens, natural areas, and education department.
- Starting May 28 finishing August 14, 2015.
- All positions earn $9.75 an hour.
- Exclusively for Cornell University undergraduate and graduate students; if graduating in May you may also apply
- Typical work week is 39 hours, M-F. General daytime work schedule.
- All interns participate together in Learning Mondays.
For more information on the program, contact the Intern Coordinator, at email@example.com or 607-227-5795